Rules & Procedures
Water Slides at Rice Pool:
- Rules for slides are posted at the pool.
- Water slides are free with daily admission or season pass.
Admission to the Pool:
- You must present a Wheaton Park District Photo I.D. to gain entrance to the pools.
- The daily fee allows admittance to the pool for the day. A re-admittance pass will be provided for those who paid a daily fee to enter and wish to leave and return later in the day. Please ask for the re-admittance pass at the admissions counter before you leave.
- Admission to the pool may be refused to any person with a contagious infection, condition or disease.
- Any person under the influence of alcohol or exhibiting erratic behavior will not be permitted in the pool area.
- There will be no paging. The public address system is for official use only.
- The management is not responsible for loss or theft of personal belongings.
- All persons are encouraged to take a shower before entering the pool area.
- Girls older than 6 years old should use the Women’s Locker Room.
- Boys older than 6 years old should use the Men’s Locker Room.
- Only clean footwear is allowed in the pool area and bathhouse.
- Swim suits only please. Leotards, cut-offs and colored T-shirts are not allowed.
- Children who are not toilet-trained must wear double diapers and tight fitting plastic pants.
- Please–no spitting, spouting water or blowing the nose in the water.
- Do not drink the pool water.
- Boisterous, rough play and running are not allowed.
- Persons violating personal conduct regulations, written or verbal, may be subject to disciplinary action or asked to leave without a refund.
- All other state and local health laws apply.
- Parents or guardians MUST be responsible for supervising their children. Lifeguards are on duty to enforce rules and to respond in case of an emergency.
- Children 10 and under must be accompanied by a chaperone at least 14 years.
Play Toys/Swim Devices:
- Play toys are restricted to the baby pool and the sand play area.
- Inflatable swimming devices and flotation jackets may be used within an arm’s reach of a chaperone.
- Balls of all kinds are not permitted.
- Masks, snorkels and fins are allowed with the manager’s permission.
- Lap swimming is allowed at specified swim times at Northside Family Aquatic Center. Lap swimming is allowed during all hours of operation at Rice Pool and Water Park.
- Swimming lanes are set aside for lap swimming at Rice Pool. Swim to the right of the line in your lane. Lap swimming is allowed for all ages during specified swim times at Northside Family Aquatic Center. Always swim to the right of the line in your lane.
- Lap lane entry:
- Rice Pool & Water Park: Participants enter from the side closest to the bathhouse.
- Northside Family Aquatic Center: Participants enter from the shallow end of the pool.
- Swimmers may exit lap lanes from either end of the pool.
- Lanes are divided into slow, average, and fast:
- Slow swimmers are defined as those swimmers who will be changing strokes in order to complete their swim.
- Average swimmers are those with the ability to swim 100 meters or more, all front crawl.
- Fast swimmers are those who can swim 25 meters on a 30-second interval in sets of 10 or more.
- Racing in lap lanes is allowed only by permission of lifeguards.
- Staff reserves the right to move a swimmer if they are not swimming at the appropriate speed.
- Personal lounges and chairs are allowed in designated areas.
- Food and beverages are available at the concession stand. Food may not be brought into the facility.
- Eating and drinking are permitted only on the concession deck.
- Smoke-free facility.
- Chewing gum is not allowed in the pool.
- Oil products may not be used before you enter the pool.
- Glass containers of all kinds are not permitted in the pool area.
- Please do not sit or climb on rocks and fences.
- Rules may be added or waived by the management when appropriate.
- Rice Pool & Water Park or Northside Family Aquatic Center may be closed for public swimming if the air temperature is 68 degrees or below, or at the manager’s discretion based on inclement weather, low attendance or unusual circumstances.
- Sections of either pool may be closed if low attendance warrants.
- Refunds will not be given and fees will not be prorated if either pool is closed for these reasons.