Instructor: Karen Kornichuk
Small Paint Tubes
- Permanent Rose, Lemon Yellow, Burnt Sienna, Ultramarine Blue Light, Alizarin Crimson, Yellow Ochre and any other colors of your choice.
Note: “Cotman” is good paint & inexpensive.
Beginner Brushes: Sizes 2, 6, 8 Round; #10 Flat “Shader”
- Utrecht ** Series 6150 Golden Taklon (short green handle)
- Princeton Velvetouch Series 3950 (short maroon handle)
**Utrecht are inexpensive & good brushes; online only from Dick Blick
Paper: Arches 140 lb Cold Press (CP) “Block” of 20 sheets (green cover)
- Size 8″ X 10″ recommended for beginners or any “Block” size of your choice.
Note: Good paper is expensive, yet necessary.
- Watercolor Palette
- medium size or larger; your choice
- 2 Containers for Water
- 16 oz. (cottage cheese containers work well)
- Roll of Paper Towels
- Graphite Pencil
- Red pen
- Kneaded eraser (gray)
Dick Blick offers 10% off “in-store” to students. Supplies can also be ordered online.
Hobby Lobby has a watercolor palette with 12 mixing trays (8 square & 4 round). Works nicely with multiple mixing trays & 8 small wells for the paint color. (About $6) Also available from Amazon.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to call Karen @ 630.967.8171