Watercolors – Supply List
Instructor: Karen Kornichuk
Small paint tubes
- Colors to bring to class:
- Permanent Rose
- Lemon Yellow
- Burnt Sienna
- Ultramarine Blue Light
- Alizarin Crimson
- Yellow Ochre
- Any other colors of your choice
Recommended: Cotman is good paint & inexpensive.
- For beginners:
- Sizes 2, 6 & 8 Round short handle brushes
- Size 10 short handle flat “Shader” brush
- Any additional brushes of your choice (additional brushes will be discussed in class)
Recommended: Robert Simmons Sapphire (blue handle), Princeton 4050 Heritage Series (red handle), Utrecht 6150 Series Golden Taklon (green handle)
- Arches 140 lb Cold Press (CP), block of 20 sheets (green cover)
Recommended: Size 10 X 14 (ideal for beginners) or any block size of your choice. Good paper is expensive, yet necessary.
- Watercolor Palette (medium size or larger; your choice)
- 2 containers for water (16 oz. cottage cheese containers work well)
- Roll of paper towels
- 4B or 5B graphite pencil
- Kneaded eraser (gray)
Should you have any questions, please feel free to call Karen at 630.967.8171.
- Blick® Art Materials offers 10% off in store to students.
Supplies can also be ordered online.
- Hobby Lobby has a watercolor palette with 12 mixing trays (8 square & 4 round)
Works nice with multiple mixing trays & 8 small wells for paint color; costs about $5.
- Amazon offers a 10-well, oblong, plastic palette by Darice
Costs about $5. View the product page.