Central Athletic Complex
Address: 500 S. Naperville Rd, Wheaton, IL 60187
The Central Athletic Complex is one of the park district’s biggest accomplishments in 2012 through a partnership with Bradford Real Estate. The district bought a portion of the former Hubble school property from Bradford for $3.25 million to preserve the gyms and fields it uses for athletics. Because the utilities that operate the gym came from the school building that was demolished, the district used a $2.4 million Park and Recreational Facility Construction (PARC) grant to complete improvements to the building.
3 basketball courts
3 volleyball courts
2 batting cages – Reserve online
Indoor soccer training areas
Baseball/softball training areas
Meeting/birthday party room
Paid Open Gym Details:
- Paid Open Gym in the Central Athletic Complex Large Gym is limited to 32 participants.
- Check in with Open Gym Supervisor, either presenting a Wheaton Park District Resident Photo ID or pay the daily resident fee.
- Residents are allowed one non-resident guest, the guest must pay the non-resident daily fee.
- Paid Participants will receive a stamp, sign the daily log and waiver form
- In order to hand out a ball a valid ID must be turned in (Wheaton Park District Resident Photo ID, School ID, Driver’s License)
- In order to get the ID back the participant must return the ball that was given to them
- Street Shoes are not permitted on the gym floor
- No one is allowed to hang on the rim, if the person does so they will be asked to leave
- No one owns the baskets, they must be shared
For Open Gym guidelines, fee and the current schedule, please visit the Open Gym page >
2 ice rinks
2 warming shelters*
Portable restroom trailer*
*Hours are limited.
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Parking Map (PDF)
- Ice skates are required at all times on the ice.
- Skate rentals are not available on site
- Children 12 and under should be actively supervised by a guardian, 16 years of age or older.
- There is no charge for skating.
- Skating is at the risk of the patron, please skate responsibly.
- All other rules can be found in the Rules of Conduct (PDF).
- For rental inquiries, please contact Adam Lewandowski at firstname.lastname@example.org, to request a rental, please complete an Ice Rental Application (PDF).
Please contact us at the applicable phone and/or email listed below.
- Classes/programs — Phone: 630-690-4880
- Sport Star Birthday Parties — Phone: 630-668-3371
- Gym rentals, holding a tournament or event — Phone: 630-510-5130 or email
- Batting cages reservations — Phone: 630-690-4880