Central Athletic Complex
Address: 500 S. Naperville Rd, Wheaton, IL 60187
The Central Athletic Complex is one of the park district’s biggest accomplishments in 2012 through a partnership with Bradford Real Estate. The district bought a portion of the former Hubble school property from Bradford for $3.25 million to preserve the gyms and fields it uses for athletics. Because the utilities that operate the gym came from the school building that was demolished, the district used a $2.4 million Park and Recreational Facility Construction (PARC) grant to complete improvements to the building.
Rec & Roll Room at Central Athletic ComplexNEW!
Western DuPage Special Recreation Association has added an additional site for their adult day program at Central Athletic Complex. This program emphasizes leisure independence, social interaction, community outings and service projects. Eligible participants are between ages 22-55, have intellectual disabilities, and can successfully participate in a 1 staff to 6 participant ratio. The program meets daily from 9A to 2P and participants can sign up to attend 1-5 days per week. This is one of six locations throughout DuPage. To learn more, go to wdsra.com
Recycling at Central Athletic Complex
Shoe and Clothing recycling is available at Central Athletic Complex.
Clothing, textiles, and shoes in any condition are accepted at this location.
GreenCity Project collects unwanted textiles and resells them in the U.S. and abroad, effectively diverting millions of pounds of clothing from landfills.
3 basketball courts
2 batting cages – Reserve online
Indoor soccer training areas
Baseball/softball training areas
NEWRec & Roll
Meeting/birthday party room
Paid Open Gym Details:
- Paid Open Gym in the Central Athletic Complex Large Gym is limited to 32 participants.
- Check in with Open Gym Supervisor, either presenting a Wheaton Park District Resident Photo ID or pay the daily resident fee.
- Residents are allowed one non-resident guest, the guest must pay the non-resident daily fee.
- Paid Participants will receive a stamp, sign the daily log and waiver form
- In order to hand out a ball a valid ID must be turned in (Wheaton Park District Resident Photo ID, School ID, Driver’s License)
- In order to get the ID back the participant must return the ball that was given to them
- Street Shoes are not permitted on the gym floor
- No one is allowed to hang on the rim, if the person does so they will be asked to leave
- No one owns the baskets, they must be shared
For Open Gym guidelines, fee and the current schedule, please visit the Open Gym page >
2 ice rinks
2 warming shelters*
Portable restroom trailer*
*Hours are limited.
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Parking Map (PDF)
- Ice skates are required at all times on the ice.
- Skate rentals are not available on site
- Children 12 and under should be actively supervised by a guardian, 16 years of age or older.
- There is no charge for skating.
- Skating is at the risk of the patron, please skate responsibly.
- All other rules can be found in the Rules of Conduct (PDF).
- For rental inquiries, please contact Adam Lewandowski at email@example.com, to request a rental, please complete an Ice Rental Application (PDF).
Please contact us at the applicable phone and/or email listed below.
- Classes/programs — Phone: 630-690-4880
- Sport Star Birthday Parties — Phone: 630-668-3371
- Gym rentals, holding a tournament or event — Phone: 630-510-5130 or email
- Batting cages reservations — Phone: 630-690-4880