Central Athletic Complex
Address: 500 S. Naperville Rd., Wheaton, IL 60187
The Central Athletic Complex is one of the park district’s biggest accomplishments in 2012 through a partnership with Bradford Real Estate. The district bought a portion of the former Hubble school property from Bradford for $3.25 million to preserve the gyms and fields it uses for athletics. Because the utilities that operate the gym came from the school building that was demolished, the district used a $2.4 million Park and Recreational Facility Construction (PARC) grant to complete improvements to the building.
Outdoor ice rinks at Central Athletic Complex are available for public use, free of charge. The two rinks are reserved for specific use:
Smaller Rink = Hockey | Larger Rink = Free/Open Skating
- Ice Hockey is prohibited at all times on the larger rink at Central Athletic Complex
- Facility closes frequently for grooming, please stay off the ice during this time
- Ice skates are required at all times on the ice; skate rentals are not offered
- Children 12 and under should be actively supervised by a guardian, 16 yrs+
- Skating is at the risk of the patron, please skate responsibly
- A portable restroom trailer is located on-site
Remember, green flags mean “GO”, red flags mean “NO”
*Outdoor recreation at Central Athletic Complex (CAC) is not limited to the warming shelter hours.
†Hours may vary on non-school days.
3 basketball courts
3 volleyball courts
2 batting cages – Reserve online
Indoor soccer training areas
Baseball/softball training areas
NEWRec & Roll
Meeting/birthday party room
Paid Open Gym
Paid Open Gym Details:
- Paid Open Gym in the Central Athletic Complex Large Gym is limited to 32 participants
- Check in with Open Gym Supervisor, either presenting a Wheaton Park District Resident Photo I.D. or pay the daily resident fee
- Residents are allowed one non-resident guest, the guest must pay the non-resident daily fee
- Paid Participants will receive a stamp, sign the daily log and waiver form
- In order to hand out a ball a valid I.D. must be turned in (Wheaton Park District Resident Photo I.D., School I.D., Driver’s License)
- In order to get the I.D. back the participant must return the ball that was given to them
- Street Shoes are not permitted on the gym floor
- No one is allowed to hang on the rim, if the person does so they will be asked to leave
- No one owns the baskets, they must be shared
For Open Gym guidelines, fee and the current schedule, please visit the Open Gym page >
Rec & Roll Room at Central Athletic ComplexNEW!
Western DuPage Special Recreation Association has added an additional site for their adult day program at Central Athletic Complex. This program emphasizes leisure independence, social interaction, community outings and service projects. Eligible participants are between ages 22-55, have intellectual disabilities, and can successfully participate in a 1 staff to 6 participant ratio. The program meets daily from 9A to 2P and participants can sign up to attend 1-5 days per week. This is one of six locations throughout DuPage. To learn more, go to wdsra.com
Recycling at Central Athletic Complex
Shoe and Clothing recycling is available at Central Athletic Complex.
Clothing, textiles, and shoes in any condition are accepted at this location.
GreenCity Project collects unwanted textiles and resells them in the U.S. and abroad, effectively diverting millions of pounds of clothing from landfills.
Please contact us at the applicable phone and/or email listed below.
- Classes/programs — Phone: 630-690-4880
- Sport Star Birthday Parties — Phone: 630-668-3371
- Gym rentals, holding a tournament or event — Phone: 630-510-5130 or email
- Batting cages reservations — Phone: 630-690-4880