The Wheaton Park District Community Center is dedicated to providing a safe, inviting, accessible, and well-maintained facility that meets the recreational, educational, and social needs of its patrons.
The Wheaton Park District Community Center is a 122,000 square foot recreation center located at 1777 S Blanchard St in Wheaton, IL. The Community Center houses Parks Plus Fitness Center, a 7,500 square foot fitness center, Kidz Kingdom Child Care, several meeting/specialty rooms, and an indoor track (See the Indoor Track Guide (PDF)).
Front desk staff are happy to assist patrons with:
- Registering for programs (for a complete list of programs currently offered, please refer to our current program guide)
- Purchasing passes for pools, child care, group fitness; gift cards and GO Cards
- Processing memberships
- Creating and updating household accounts
- Processing Photo IDs
- Purchasing discount movie tickets
- Making room rental reservations
- Checking in Open Gym and indoor track participants
- Answering your park-district related questions
- Creating a lasting memory for the entire community to see on the Tile Wall
- …and more!
More About What You Can Do at the Community Center…
For Open Gym guidelines, fee and the current schedule, please visit the Open Gym page >
For Open Gym availability/updates, call 630-410-1028 ext. 7.
For more information you may download the following:
…or call 630-690.4880.
Inside the Facility
Visit the Recycling Center, adjacent to the lobby sitting area to recycle:
- Ink cartridges
- Cell phones
- Shoes | Learn more: ShoeBox Recycling Program (PDF)
Seasonal recycling collections are held inside the Community Center for holiday lights and used sports equipment.
Clothing & Textile Recycling Bins
Paper Recycling Bin
Outside the Facility
Paper, clothing and textiles are collected in bins located at the west/northwest end of the parking lot.
Clothing & Textiles
What Can Go in the Bin?
Acceptable: clothes, shoes and household textiles regardless of condition. Household textiles include tablecloths, towels, beddings, blankets, bedspreads, etc. Clothes, shoes and textiles must be clean and dry, and dropped off in tied plastic bags. A sturdy plastic bag protects the clothes from dirt and simplifies handling.
Not Acceptable: mattresses, furniture, appliances, carpet, household items, toys or trash.
Download: Clothing & Textile Recycling (PDF)
The Paper Retriever bin accepts the following:
- Old park district brochures
- Junk Mail
- Office Paper
- Notebooks (spiral-bound notebooks do not need the metal spiral removed)
- Soft Cover Books
- Hard Cover Books (with covers removed)
- Bagged shredded paper (bags will be removed by the Paper Retriever recyclers)
Please do NOT include:
- Phone Books
The Wheaton Park District welcomes patrons to use the Prairie Path Indoor Track free of charge. For more information on track etiquette guidelines and hours of operation, please download the Indoor Track Guide (PDF).
Two drop boxes are located on the lower level of the Community Center, one for books and the other for media. Drop boxes are available while the Community Center is open, and library pickup times are Monday-Friday at 8:00am and Saturday at 2:00pm.
For more information, visit: http://www.wheatonlibrary.org/wpl.html