The Adult Education and Recreation program is a comprehensive, community adult education program made possible by the unique partnership of Community Unit School District 200 and the Wheaton Park District.
Community Unit School District 200 and the Wheaton Park District partnership exemplifies our commitment to work together to provide services of the highest quality for our residents. The program was created in April 2000 and replaces the adult education program formerly offered by School District 200. Programs addressing the needs of multi-generational adults between the ages of 18 and 99 are offered in the areas of Athletics, Computers, Creative Arts, Dance, Financial, Health & Fitness, Martial Arts, Music, and Personal Growth.
Programs Currently Offered
Browse programs currently offered by type in the mobile or desktop-optimized online registration portal.
- Athletics & Leagues: Mobile | Desktop
- Creative Arts: Mobile | Desktop
- Dance: Mobile | Desktop
- Financial: Mobile | Desktop
- Health & Fitness: Mobile | Desktop
- History: Mobile | Desktop
- Martial Arts/Tai Chi: Mobile | Desktop
- Music: Mobile | Desktop
- Personal Growth: Mobile | Desktop
- Special Events: Mobile | Desktop
- Travel Programs: Mobile | Desktop
Go to Supply Lists >
Basic Photography Techniques
Dates: Tuesday & Thursday, Oct 23rd & Oct 25th | Time: 6p-7:30P
Location: WPD Community Center
Fee: Resident $30; Non Resident $38
Improve your overall skill level and take better digital photos with this basic overview of digital camera techniques. From the camera on the iPhone to a point-and shoot-model, advanced DSLR, and everything in between, this session is for you. Whether you’re new to digital technology or want to improve your picture-taking experience, don’t miss this special offering.
Adult Spanish Beginner
Dates: Thursdays, Sept 13th – Nov 15th | Time: 6p-7:30P
Location: WPD Community Center
Fee: Resident $150; Non Resident $188
This 10-week course introduces the fundamental elements of the Spanish language. Pronunciation and the use of small simple stories are used for reading, comprehension, and repetition. The goal is to be able to compose sentences and being understood. No grammatical drills – grammar is used in context.
In 2012, cooperative programming partnerships with Carol Stream, Glen Ellyn, West Chicago, and Winfield Park District were initiated by the Wheaton Park District. The Bloomingdale and Lombard Park Districts joined in 2013 and 2015. This partnership increases our program attendance as well as invites our residents to enjoy class offering at other local districts. Hosting site addresses:
- Wheaton Park District Community Center, 1777 S Blanchard St, Wheaton
- Mary Lubko Center, 208 W Union, Wheaton
- Franklin Middle School, 211 E Franklin, Wheaton
- Monroe Middle School, 1855 Manchester, Wheaton
- Wheaton North High School, 701 W Thomas, Wheaton
- Sunset Knoll Recreation Center, 820 S Finley, Lombard
- Winfield Park District, 0N020 County Farm Rd, Winfield
- Simkus Recreation Center, 849 W Lies, Carol Stream
- Fountain View Recreation Center, 910 N Gary, Carol Stream
Do you have a hobby or talent you would like to share? Consider teaching an adult education class!
New Program Request Form (PDF)