The Adult Education and Recreation program is a comprehensive, community adult education program made possible by the unique partnership of Community Unit School District 200 and the Wheaton Park District.
Community Unit School District 200 and the Wheaton Park District partnership exemplifies our commitment to work together to provide services of the highest quality for our residents. The program was created in April 2000 and replaces the adult education program formerly offered by School District 200. Programs addressing the needs of multi-generational adults between the ages of 18 and 99 are offered in the areas of Athletics, Computers, Creative Arts, Dance, Financial, Health & Fitness, Martial Arts, Music, and Personal Growth.
Programs Currently Offered
Browse programs currently offered by type in the mobile or desktop-optimized online registration portal.
- Athletics & Leagues: Mobile | Desktop
- Creative Arts: Mobile | Desktop
- Dance: Mobile | Desktop
- Financial: Mobile | Desktop
- Health & Fitness: Mobile | Desktop
- History: Mobile | Desktop
- Martial Arts/Tai Chi: Mobile | Desktop
- Music: Mobile | Desktop
- Personal Growth: Mobile | Desktop
- Special Events: Mobile | Desktop
- Travel Programs: Mobile | Desktop
Chicago Cubs vs. Brewers
Friday, August 30th | 10:30A – 6:30P | $79.00 | #326190-01
Location: boarding the bus at the Wheaton Park District Community Center. Game at Wrigley Field, Chicago IL.
Go Cubs, Go! Join us as we take a deluxe motor coach to and from Wrigley Field to watch the Cubbies take on the Milwaukee Brewers from under the covered terrace! Once in the city enjoy lunch on your own before the game.
Pickleball Pizza Party Mixer
Friday, September 20 | 10:30A-1:30P | $10.00 | #427100-02
Location: Warrenville Park District
Friday, November 15 | 10:30A-1:30P | $10.00 | #427100-01
Location: Wheaton Park District Community Center
Come out to the all-new Pickleball Pizza Party Mixer! The Warrenville and Wheaton Park Districts cordially invite all Pickleball players to our upcoming Pickleball social mixers. These “get to know your Pickleball neighbor” events will include 3 hours of Pickleball open play, skill contests, prize drawings, and of course–pizza!
Go to Supply Lists >
In 2012, cooperative programming partnerships with Carol Stream, Glen Ellyn, West Chicago, and Winfield Park District were initiated by the Wheaton Park District. The Bloomingdale and Lombard Park Districts joined in 2013 and 2015. This partnership increases our program attendance as well as invites our residents to enjoy class offering at other local districts. Hosting site addresses:
- Wheaton Park District Community Center, 1777 S Blanchard St, Wheaton
- Mary Lubko Center, 208 W Union, Wheaton
- Franklin Middle School, 211 E Franklin, Wheaton
- Monroe Middle School, 1855 Manchester, Wheaton
- Wheaton North High School, 701 W Thomas, Wheaton
- Sunset Knoll Recreation Center, 820 S Finley, Lombard
- Winfield Park District, 0N020 County Farm Rd, Winfield
- Simkus Recreation Center, 849 W Lies, Carol Stream
- Fountain View Recreation Center, 910 N Gary, Carol Stream
Do you have a hobby or talent you would like to share? Consider teaching an adult education class!
New Program Request Form (PDF)