The Adult Education and Recreation program is a comprehensive, community adult education program made possible by the unique partnership of Community Unit School District 200 and the Wheaton Park District.
Community Unit School District 200 and the Wheaton Park District partnership exemplifies our commitment to work together to provide services of the highest quality for our residents. The program was created in April 2000 and replaces the adult education program formerly offered by School District 200. Programs addressing the needs of multi-generational adults between the ages of 18 and 99 are offered in the areas of Athletics, Computers, Creative Arts, Dance, Financial, Health & Fitness, Martial Arts, Music, and Personal Growth.
Programs Currently Offered
Browse programs currently offered by type in the mobile or desktop-optimized online registration portal.
- Athletics & Leagues: Mobile | Desktop
- Creative Arts: Mobile | Desktop
- Dance: Mobile | Desktop
- Financial: Mobile | Desktop
- Health & Fitness: Mobile | Desktop
- History: Mobile | Desktop
- Martial Arts/Tai Chi: Mobile | Desktop
- Music: Mobile | Desktop
- Personal Growth: Mobile | Desktop
- Special Events: Mobile | Desktop
- Travel Programs: Mobile | Desktop
Go to Supply Lists >
ed2go Online Adult Learning Classes
The Wheaton Park District has partnered with ed2Go to offer exceptional online educational opportunities. The variety of classes offered can help you continue your education from the comfort and convenience of your home.
- Accounting and Finance
- Computer Applications
- Language and Arts
- Personal Development
- Teaching and Education
- Writing and Publishing and more…
Go to www.ed2go.com/wheatonpd for course details and registration information.
Group Ukulele Class for Beginners
Dates: Wednesdays, 7/11 – 8/29 | Time: 5p – 5:45p
Location: Suburban Music (210 W. Front Street, Wheaton)
Fee: Resident $120 / Non Resident $120
Super fun course designed with the complete beginner in mind. Even if you have no musical background, this class will provide you with the tools and guidance needed to start playing right away! Learn how to hold and tune the ukulele, play basic chords and progressions, strumming patterns, and fun songs from the popular ukulele repertoire. Ukuleles can be purchased or rented from Suburban Music.
In 2012, cooperative programming partnerships with Carol Stream, Glen Ellyn, West Chicago, and Winfield Park District were initiated by the Wheaton Park District. The Bloomingdale and Lombard Park Districts joined in 2013 and 2015. This partnership increases our program attendance as well as invites our residents to enjoy class offering at other local districts. Hosting site addresses:
- Wheaton Park District Community Center, 1777 S Blanchard St, Wheaton
- Mary Lubko Center, 208 W Union, Wheaton
- Franklin Middle School, 211 E Franklin, Wheaton
- Monroe Middle School, 1855 Manchester, Wheaton
- Wheaton North High School, 701 W Thomas, Wheaton
- Sunset Knoll Recreation Center, 820 S Finley, Lombard
- Winfield Park District, 0N020 County Farm Rd, Winfield
- Simkus Recreation Center, 849 W Lies, Carol Stream
- Fountain View Recreation Center, 910 N Gary, Carol Stream
Do you have a hobby or talent you would like to share? Consider teaching an adult education class!
New Program Request Form (PDF)