A refund with no administrative fee:
- Transferring to another program/service if space is available
- Services cost less than $10.
- Placing the full amount of the refund on your Wheaton Park District household account to be used for services at a later date.
- A refund from a waitlist. (Space on the waitlist will not be maintained.)
A refund with an administrative fee:
- Program/service with registration cost of up to $50 will be charged a $5 fee.
- Each program/service over $50 will be charged a $10 fee.
|One-day/two-day programs||Three business days prior to when the program meets|
|Programs that meet more than 2 days||Prior to the start of the second class|
|Wide Horizons Preschool||$200 deposit is nonrefundable; remaining balance if requested by August 1|
|Youth athletic leagues||Prior to the second game of league play or competition|
|Football / Lacrosse league||1 week after player evaluation day|
|Rams Cheerleading league||On or before April 15|
|Swim team||Prior to the second meet|
|Summer camps, aquatic programs||Wednesday before the first day of camp or aquatic lessons|
|Medical reasons/moving out of town||Upon proof, a prorated refund will be provided.|
Our guarantee is based on fulfilling our promise to you. If you are not satisfied, we would appreciate your comments, ideas or suggestions for improvement. You may apply for a refund at the Community Center, 1777 S. Blanchard St., at the Administration Office, 102 E. Wesley St. or by calling 630.690.4880. Your receipt or cancelled check, or proof of identification, may be required. Refund checks will be mailed within a reasonable period of time. (Certain programs, services and facilities are currently excluded from the Satisfaction Guaranteed Policy: golf course green fees; Pro Shop purchases; adult athletic leagues; Wheaton travel soccer programs; food or meals; banquet or catering services; daily facility admissions; pool passes; Parks Plus Fitness Center memberships; Wide Horizons program; tickets to entertainment; special events and trips; program supplies or materials purchased; garden plots; gift cards; and contractual programs or obligations.)
Resident: anyone who resides in and/or who pays taxes to the Wheaton Park District
Non-Resident: anyone who does not pay taxes to the Wheaton Park District
- Each year the park district applies for and receives a permit from the IL Dept. of Natural Resources Urban Waterfowl division which allows us to render the eggs non-productive and prevent re-nesting. This is done in the early spring when the females begin building nests. Each site within the park district is monitored and when nests are found they are taken care of properly.
- The park district has made a commitment to sweep the parks where geese are a problem. We have a sweeper that goes around to many of our parks that have water sources as well as other areas where geese are a daily problem. This sweeper takes care of the droppings making the parks appearance nicer as well as addressing any potential health hazards.
- The geese are harassed by four different managers within the park district using trucks as a way of making them flee.
- The district fences off areas where new sod and seed has been laid down to deter them from eating the grass blades.
In the past, the park district has taken many different avenues to reduce geese populations. We have used trained dogs with little or no success and sprays for the grass. Our greatest success has been with the practice stated above, which is rendering the eggs non-productive. In the spring of 2007 we disposed of 32 nests and successfully rendered 202 eggs. Many of our parks have this nuisance fowl causing problems. Northside, Graf, Rathje, Seven Gables, Armbrust, which are just a handful of parks where the geese are significant. This problem is not just in Wheaton; this is a county and statewide problem.
The Wheaton Park District is always actively seeking new alternatives to minimize this nuisance pest.
Our mission is to establish and maintain sound environmental policies, practices and educational opportunities for the employees and patrons of the Wheaton Park District.
For complete details, please view our Environmental Policy (PDF)
Wheaton Park District
Photo Disclaimer: The Wheaton Park District takes photographs or video of participants for promoting our programs, services, events, activities, and facilities in our brochures, website or agency social media, etc. By participating in or attending any Wheaton Park District activities the participant (or parent/guardian of a minor participant) agrees to the use and distribution of his or her image (or images of a minor child/ward) in photographs, video recordings, and any other electronic reproductions of such activities for any purpose without inspection, compensation, or any other consideration now and in the future.